Did you ever want to make your own games? Wondering just what kind of skills it takes or what skills you need to be a game developer? You have the chance to do just that at Gameacon in Atlantic City from November 19-22, 2015 where many professionals in the games industry will be speaking and running workshops and other events to educate both established game developers and people looking to join their ranks.
Some of the topics of interest to aspiring game developers include:
● How to Break into the Video Game Industry
● Understanding the Gaming Biz
● Starting your Own Business
● Going Off on Your Own – The Joys and Perils of Starting Your Own Gaming Company
● Whose Line of Code is it Anyway?
● Want to Write for Video Games?
● GameMaker Studio Workshop
● Roundtables on Art, Design, Production & Business, Game Audio, and Engineering
There will also be a keynote from Jon Jones (Content Curator at Epic Games) and presentations by Francis Duranceau from Unity, Andy Hess from Unreal, Nick Landry and Dave Voyles of Microsoft and others who will discuss such topics as:
● Overview of the new Unreal Engine 4
● Creating Xbox, PC and Mobile Games with Visual Studio & Tools for Unity
● Unity: The Next Frontier of Features and Services
● Developing Connected Games with a Cloud Backend
● Developing a New Generation of Mobile Games with Speech
● Improving Gameplay through Rapid Prototyping
● Future Bets in Emerging Markets
● Law and Game Development
Gameacon (Game Arts Conference) is an event specifically about and for independent game developers and fans of all ages. Our mission is to create a festival to help artists in game creation thrive by providing a space for them to showcase their work, the opportunity to reach an audience who craves to see their games, and a forum to learn from each other. There are other indie gaming cons but many of them are corporate and in big cities where it is expensive to stay, eat and get around. Gameacon was designed as a grassroots event with affordable hotel rooms, parking, and food that will best take advantage of all the Tropicana and Atlantic City has to offer guests of the con and their friends and families.
For more information and the full list of speakers and schedule of events visithttp://gameacon.com